Fuel bleed valve

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

i saw on many topic when you change the filter near the motor that's important to open the bleed valve. It's my first boat and my first time to do that. Where is situate this valve, i don't want to make a error and i want to learn how to do that. My boat is a c34 1997 with a m35bc for motor. Thank for your help.
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Ken Juul

The bleed screw is #39 in the attached diagram.  It appears that the M35B has a slightly different bleed procedure, my guess is that the bleed screw needs to be slightly loosened to get fuel flow rather than turning the "knurled knob".  Hopefully an owner with  your model engine will chime in.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Jack Hutteball

Andre,

I have a M35BC engine on our 2001 MKll and I have never had to do anything with the "bleed screw."  I simply fill the new filter up to the top with new clean fuel and carefully screw it back on to the engine.  I then start the engine.  It has always started and run with no problems.  Also, have you checked your filter bracket for cracks?  If not, be sure to.  There was a recall on those as many were incorrectly fabricated.  Mine was cracked and Westerbeke sent a free replacement.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

andre

Thank you Ken for the picture and now what' the knurled knob? I don't speak English very much and there are some what i don'T know. Thank you

andre

Thank you Jack i will check for the bracket immediatly when i will go on my boat. We are in the snow for now.

Ron Hill

andre : You have been reading posts from people with an M25 or M25XP engine.  Your fuel system in an M35BC engine is differant and does NOT have a "bleed valve".

You have a bleed nut on the top of the engine mounted fuel filter bracket.  It's that bracket that Jack said he discovered a crack.
Hope this helps. 
Ron, Apache #788