Another new C34 owner

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty

My wife and I  bought C34 #480 last July.  We've renamed her "Avatar" and have brought her from Alameda where we bought her, to her new home here in Santa Cruz.  I'd love to hear from any other C34 owners in Santa Cruz.  Lisa and I have been sailing together since our marriage 32 years ago.  I grew up on boats and our last sailboat was an Islander 30.  We love our new boat!! 

I've been reading the forum for these past months and want to thank you all for the excellent information and the friendly community.  Yes, I am going over all the crucial upgrades (the traveler is through-bolted and the alternator arm is below the body) and am in the process of checking if I have the wiring harness upgrade.  The recent owners (Chris and Anne Marie) took excellent care of the boat.  I've been following strings on upgrading my anchor package (and putting on a windless), adding stern rail seats, re-doing the cabin sole, and ... well, the list goes on and on. I'm  interested in adding lazy jacks.   I'll also be joining the IC34 Association.

So Lisa and I will be sailing around Santa Cruz, wishing you all a gentle seas and a steady breeze at your backs!! 
Scotty

Joe Kern

Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl