Water Pump Impeller

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgercc27

I'm trying to get a replacement impeller for my Universal M25 XP motor and the local dealer only has Jabsco impellers.  I have the oberdorfer pump and impeller and know those part numbers, but I haven't been having any luck with cross referencing the two.  I didn't think it would be that hard.  The dealer couldn't do it and I've called around a few places, but still the result is the same.

The Jabsco web site has a step by step process if you know all the dimensions, but I don't have that info readily available.

Thanks,

dodgercc27

To further clarify,

I'm in Ontario, Canada....if anyone knows where I can get the Oberdorfer impeller or the Globe here, that works for me too.

I just want a new impeller!

Thanks again

prh77

Call Depco in Fla. They will the impeller sent to you in 3 days.
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

Ron Hill

dod : POSTED and written articles MANY times - call DEPCO @ (800)445-1656.  Hope this helps!
Ron, Apache #788

Momentum M

Dod

I would recommend Pride Marine in Kinston.  They ship anywhere, fast and really do get out of their way to satisfy a customer.

http://www.pridemarine.com/index.cfm?category=10025|10343

There's also WM in Kinston and Toronto.

Good luck
Serge & Carole Cardinal
C 34 Mk II 2005 - 1719
Wing Keel
Fresh water, Ontario Lake, Canada/Usa
On Hard from Oct to May

Stu Jackson

While you're at it, regardless of where you purchase the impeller, buy two or three, you'll be good for many years to come.  Then write down where ya got 'em so the next time someone asks, you'll have the answer. :D  WM isn't usually the place to buy this kinda thing.  Do what Ron suggested.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

dodgercc27

Thanks for the info,

Don't need the impeller yet, the one I have is working fine...but like you've suggested, I want at least a spare on board. 

From what I can tell  there is no shortage of places to buy them in the U.S., but it seems I'm limited here in Canada.

Thanks again!

Ron Hill

dod : When you order an impeller, do as Stu suggested and get a couple of them.  Spray the extras with silicone and store them in a ziplock bag until you need them.
You might want (in the same order) to get a new stainless shaft (impeller fits on) and extra gaskets.  The shaft wears. 
It's the shipping that hurts now days so make it a big order.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788