C355 Photos

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay Greene

Are now on the Catalina website:

http://www.catalinayachts.com/yachts.cfm?act=model&id=191&link=photos

A pretty radical design departure, in my opinion.  Thanks to Catalina for maintaining the value of my "classic" C34. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Jim Hardesty

Looks like Catalina is following the style trend.  The cabin window looks too euro for my likes.  You really need to see a boat live to really tell, but I don't think it looks as nearly good as a 34.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

sailingdream

Wow ! Does it ever look like an upgraded C34.

Joe Kern

Different but not upgraded.   Ours are the best! :D
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Ted Pounds

I, too, like the classic lines of the C34 better.  In fact I prefer the MKI over the MKII.  But that's just me, YMMV.  It does look like it's got lots of nice features...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ken Heyman

yup--I prefer traditional lines as well ---a "classic plastic" devotee I guess.

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

David Comando

Is that mast forward or what???
I will eventually get to finishing all my wood!
David Comando, 1987 Kindred Spirit, Hull# 55 sailing the waters of Eastern Long Island, and to other points in the Northeast.

Albreen

I'll be at the Newport RI boat show tomorrow and look to see if the C355 is being shown. My first impression was more Hunter than Catalina.
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain

Ted Pounds

I thought the same thing.  Kinda reminds of the Hunter 34, circa 1986.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Clay Greene

I read previously that the C355 was being unveiled at Annapolis in October. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Stephen Butler

Interesting design updates but will reserve judgement and dollars until actually seeing and sailing the real thing.  Will say that the boat's shape does appear a bit odd to our eyes....too blunt appearing in the bow, a jumble of disconnected curves in the stern, and a lack of ports down the sides.  But then again, how well does she sail and will she sell?
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Steve Sayian

Don't like the 'squared' stern.  What's with the wimpy sink in the head???
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Ken Juul

I don't care for the head sink either.  Too exposed, looks like it can be ripped right off by someone falling into it or grabbing it in a rough seaway.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Joe Kern

Looks like they tried to get all fancy like a custom home.  In addition to looking like it could be pulled off, it seems like any water that spills out or overflows will get everywhere as opposed to draining back into the sink.  Stylish I guess but certainly not practical.

I do like the companionway stairs.
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Stu Jackson

That sink design is useless at best.  I first encountered one in the UK six years ago and ran into another in a big fancy hotel just the other day.  All you end up doing is dripping water all over the place when you go to reach for a hand towel.  Absolutely the worst plumbing design ever.  Ken's right, one of 'em are gonna be ripped off sometime soon in a seaway when someone's down below.  Thanks for pointing that out, i hadn't noticed it.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."