Wood panel replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

I tried to find the type of the decorative wood panel that is the lining of the galley lower shelf on a Mk 1. I had a stanchion leak and it is all dry rotted out. Does Catalina still carry this type wood?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ted Pounds

It's just teak veneer plywood.  Any marine supply place should be able to get it for you.  I think it was H & L Marine (?) that supplied all the interior woodwork for Catalinas (at least back then).
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Clay Greene

I have bought quite a bit of teak plywood from Yukon Lumber because I replaced all the sliding doors.  They should be able to set you up if you need a big piece.  I have quite a bit of 1/4 inch teak plywood left over because the smallest piece you can buy is 4 x 4.  How much do you need? 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Ron Hill

Lance : Try H&L Marine @ (323)636-1718.  Tell them that you want the plywood vainer that has the white (formica) finish. 
Ron, Apache #788

Lance Jones

I think I spoke in a manner that didn't describe the piece clearly enough. It is a light colored wood that looks like battens or slats.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ted Pounds

Probably still came from H&L Marine.  Like Ron said give them a call.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

paule

lLnce
Try the factory they might have some I think it is oak
Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

Lance Jones

To be honest, I never have had any luck with H & L. If I have a question, the person is out and NEVER returns a call. Unless it is on their order sheet and you are ready to make an order, you're ignored.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Lance : What you are looking for is "ash battening strips" .  
If you had read some of the old Mainsheet tech notes, you'd have known that many of us have covered our dark sliders with ash battoning from H & L Marine - so they would match the upper insides!!  A Thought
Ron, Apache #788