Needed 3 blade prop

Previous topic - Next topic

mtullier

Hi, I'm looking for a new or used 3 blade prop 15x9 or 15x10 (M25 1987- 1").  Just lost a blade from my original when I was underway.  Looking for recommendations on where and who to buy this from.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    Thanks,  Mike
Mike

Stu Jackson

You might want to consider using online yellow pages or Google for "prop shops" in your area.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mtullier

Thanks Stu.  Looks like I will need to order on line.  No local shops have anything in stock.  I am told to buy from Michigan Prop.  This would be closest to OEM.  To confirm OEM is 15" x 9 pitch on 1" tapered shaft for M25 - 1987?
Mike

Terry Forshier

Before you buy new check the Catalina 36 classified section. then check the catalina forums and sailboatowners forums  in classifieds. then try Craigs list for the prop then try some of the used boat places and check boat parts in ebay. Google search. There are usually one or two for sale taken off similar boats where someone has upgraded to a folder. These are around $200 to $250. Good luck

kurt

Hi - I have a 15x10R 3-blade serving as a nautical paperweight since upgrading to a folder a while ago on my 88 C34 M25xp.

Please email me if you may be interested in possibly purchasing.

prh77

I am interested in the prop.
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

Steve Sayian

Kurt,

I put a feathering prop on 3 years ago and it went Tango Uniform this summer on vacation and I had to have a diver go down and remove it.  Luckily I kept my Michigan 3-blade on the boat and was able to have it put back on.  Might want to rethink getting rid of it.

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Stu Jackson

Good point, Steve.  My PO left me his old two blade, which he'd replaced with our 3 blade.  I still have the old one on the boat, just in case.

That said, I'm sure there are most skippers who've put on feathering props and never looked back (pun intended). :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mtullier

Peyton,  I have a two blade that I may donate to you.  JK.  Ordered a new prop 
Mike

mtullier

Lesson learned.  Change your zincs every six months
Mike

mtullier

FYI – 2 coats of a "marks-a-lot" permanent marker on the propeller will keep the barnacles off.  I heard this from the experienced guys in the boatyard.  Thought I'd pass it on.
Mike

mel low

Quote from: mtullier on August 27, 2010, 04:52:51 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a new or used 3 blade prop 15x9 or 15x10 (M25 1987- 1").  Just lost a blade from my original when I was underway.  Looking for recommendations on where and who to buy this from.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    Thanks,  Mike

Did you find a replacment prop? I am also looking  for one.

mtullier

Found the best value on "getaprop.com". 
Mike

Ron Hill

Mike : Just make sure that the 3 bladed prop you get is not only a 15X9 or 10, but it is a Sailor style prop.  That's very important!!
Ron, Apache #788

Rick Johnson

Ron,

What is a "Sailor" style prop?  I've never heard that term before.

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX