Starting Battery

Previous topic - Next topic

BERMANN

Has anyone installed a starting battery in a MK II? Where did you locate the battery? I have read that temperature is a battery killer so behind the engine under the aft bunk seems inappropriate.

shekinahsailor

I put one on the outboard side of the water heater, had to make some brackets to compensate for the hull curvature.  It's a tight fit but has one advantage of letting me check water levels on starting and house batteries at the same time.  It's worked well in this location for the past year.

amoreau

Hi,  Our dealer put it under the stbd center seat.  Fits in there nicely.  He had to put some wood in to level it out.
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

grantreed

I just had a starter battery installed and we too put it on the starboard side next to the water heater. It is very convient to have all the batteries in the same general area and the balance for the boat in fine.

I also added the link 10 battery monitor per the instrucitons given by Thomas Senator at his site (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291994657)

Take a good look at what Tom did on his C36.
grant reed
"Patty Cake" TR,WK, #1519
Little River, SC

Stu Jackson

Sounds like a real estate deal!  ...and it really is!

We have four batteries:  two in the standard location and two forward under the forward dinette seat just behind the bulkhead to the V berth.  The forward ones have a small plywood base under them.

One of the two in the standard location is the starting battery, the other three are the house  bank.

Ours is a Mark I, so the water heater location doesn't work that way for our Good Old Boats.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."