SINK SUPPY LINE LEAK - HELP!

Previous topic - Next topic

savvy

FOUND WATER ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR, THEN IN THE DRAWERS, AND THE WATER PRESSURE PUMP RUNNING. ON INVESTIGATION FOUND THE LEAK BEHIND THE SINK, AND EITHER A WATER SUPPLY HOSE HAS BECOME DISCONNECTED, OR ONE OF THE FAUCET LINES HAS CRACKED. UNFORTUNATELY, I CANNOT FIND AMPLE ACCESS TO SEE OR FEEL WHAT HAS HAPPENED. HOW CAN I GET ACCESS TO THE FAUCET FROM BELOW AND CAN THE SINK EASILY BE REMOVED?

Stu Jackson

Larry

Counter top removal and replacement can be found in Projects on the C34 website.  Scroll down about halfway, and click.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

To give yourself some more space it may help to unbolt your water heater from the base and slide it aft.  The extra couple of inches you get may make the job a bit easier, you will still need to be a contortionist.  I had one fitting that could only be reached with the water heater removed.  It didn't get fixed until I replaced the water heater last year due to a heater failure.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ted Pounds

I gained better access to my faucet connections by cutting a hole in the back of the seat behind the sink.  You can cover the hole with a fancy screw-in access cover or just a piece of plywood or lexan as it is covered up by the seat cushion.  I cut my hole to facilitate replacing my faucet with a single lever variety.  I highly reccomend the switch since it saves a lot of water wasted in fiddling with the knobs to adjust the temprature every time the faucet is turned on.

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447