Gauges

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtydirt

Read tru most of the Tech notes on this matter.   Need to purchase a fuel  and temp gauges.  I have a 34 1996 with Universal  35.
Need a recommendation for replacement manufactures that match what I have.  Kind a plug a play if possible.  Thanks

Stu Jackson

Teleflex.   You could also call Seaward who made the cockpit panel.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

dirtydirt

Steve W10

Hey guys, probably too late and perhaps not applicable to the MK II, but a tidbit I learned recently while replacing a few gauges....

Apparently Teleflex is no longer making the "Red International Series" gauges that were originally on my boat, H#625.

The suggested replacement, and the ones I ended up getting were the "Amega Domed Series".

There did seem to be a few places that still have old stock on the Red Int....so if you want 'em to match, have a look around.

The only difference in installation was that the terminal used for the back light was now a quick-disconnect (flat connector) as opposed to the old post and bolt connection.  Pretty quick to crimp on a new connector.
Actually if I remember correctly even my "newer" Red Int... Series Fuel Gauge replaced a few years ago, had the flat connector as well.

Steve

Exodus

I replaced all the gauges on my panel with replacements from Catalina Direct.   www.catalinadirect.com

I did the amp meter when I did the wiring harness upgrade and did the fuel gauge when it started to go out, then went ahead and did the temp gauge so they would all match.  I like the new gauges much better, they have a red light instead of white and they don't fog up on cold mornings.

Ron Hill

Guys : I believe that most if not all of the MK IIs came with the domed instruments.

As I recall from talking with Teleflex the "domed" rather than the "flat" glassed face are the same gages, except for the Tachometer.
That tach has differant settings for the dipswitches.  You might want to talk with Teleflex customer service (941)907-1000.
Think that Most of the MkIs have the flat glass faced instruments.

Exodus : I surly hope that "you did the voltmeter when you did the wiring upgrade", and removed the amp-meter!!  

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys : The old WIKI info is there, but when I talked to Teleflex about dip switch settings a couple of times they always asked one question : Is the glass dome on your tachometer on your tach flat or curved? .  I believe that the dip switch settings I sent to our web site and are posted for the old flat glass tach.

Those telcons leads me to believe, as I posted above that there is a difference in the flat & domed dip switch settings. 
Still think if you have a domed (curved) glass - it might behove you to give them a call!

Your boat your choice
Ron, Apache #788