Overheating Nightmare

Previous topic - Next topic

malgase

I replaced my muffler this weekend (M25 engine), along with installing a "hump hose" between the exhaust riser and the muffler.  That was the beginning of a 24 hour frustration! :D

The universal manual says that if the engine starts to overheat after closed system maintenance, about the time you know the thermostat is open, run it up to 2800-3000 RPM to remove the remaining air.  I did that every time as well with no success.

Bottom line:  When bleeding the air off the newly-refilled closed side of the cooling system, use the bleeder at the thermostat housing first, close that off, then bleed the air off the freshwater pump by removing the outlet hose to the water heater heat exchanger.  Adding a vent port to that housing similar to the thermostat housing would be a valuable design change, but is nothing we as owners should do ourselves.

Just a tidbit to store away as an option if anyone else has a similar experience.

Michael

apalma

I emailed you at your email address from the data base.  Came back wrong.  Would like to email you about your installation, etc and have a lengthy message.  Would you be so kind to email me at apalma@pasco.k12.fl.us with your corrected address. Thank you so much Al Palma1