Terminal Strip Mounting

Previous topic - Next topic

horsemel

I just put all of my mast wiring to a terminal strip.  Everything is neat and easy to get at when necessary.  I am wondering about whether or not anybody has any neat solutions as to how to mount this in the area forward of the mast under the floor on a MKI?  it needs to be high enough so that it is not in the bilge, but still below the floor.  There is space between the floor and hull, but I don't want to drill more holes if I don't have to.  I am thinking of making some kind of thing that will span the bilge and rest on the port and starboard flat spaces on the hull under the floor.  I am sure somebody has a more brilliant notion than this.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

karista

I did the same thing some years ago. Simply mix up a little epoxy putty, coat your terminal block back side and the area where you want to place it. Then simply press it on let it cure and your all set to install all your wires. No holes to drill and easy to install!!

Bernd Mueller
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Stu Jackson

We have a water tight junction box that was screwed into the stump under the mast plate, just aft of it.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Rick Allen

Our watertight J box is as shown. (it's higher in the bilge than it looks)
Rick Allen, C34 IA Commodore
Former owner of "PainKiller", 1988 C34 MKI, Sail#746, std. rig, wing keel.

jmnpe

OK Rick,

Please tell me that this picture was made with your boat up on the hard or something...... Nobody should have a C34 bilge that clean and dry ....... should they????  :?

John
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728

Rick Allen

Yes John, she was on the hard for that pic!  High and dry for a complete bilge rebuild.  The rest of the pictures from that expensive nightmare are here:
http://public.fotki.com/Sailorick/sv_painkiller/bilge-de-lamination/

jmnpe

Yikes!!! Suddenly I feel no twinges of jealousy over your sparkling, dry bilge :shock: I think I love my nasty bilge!

What was the precipitating event in your delamination failure, or will you ever really know?

John
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728

Rick Allen

I'll message you John as I don't want to highjack this thread...

horsemel

Rick, I would love to see the picture, but can't open it.  Get a red X and when I tell it to open i does not happen.  Anyway, I have a temporay solution.  3M makes a heavy duty velcro substitute that I am trying to see if I like the location.  If so, I will try the epoxy solution..  Thanks for the info.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Rick Allen

Lance Jones

I actually installed my terminal strip on the mast itself.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622