Screw in fuel tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Hutteball

Stopped at the fuel dock today and upon opening the fill cap found the safety chain loose and hanging down the fill pipe.  I reconnected it but can only assume that the original screw is now in the bottom of the fuel tank.  Is this a potential problem with the fuel suction line in the tank?  Any thoughts on how I might retrieve it short of pulling the tank?
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Stu Jackson

Jack

The fill hose is in the aft end of the tank.  The pickup is in the forward part of the tank.  There are baffles between them.  Doesn't appear to be a big problem.

As far as the deck fills are concerned, you may be aware that there has been a lot written about them (all four of them).  I suggest that you forget trying to use the little chains.  This has caused lots of onwers grief by having the chains fail and the caps fall overboard.  Just unscrew the caps, put them down in a safe place, do your thing, and screw 'em back on.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jack Hutteball

Thank you both for the insight.  I was imagining motering along just when I really needed it and having that wayword screw plug up the works!
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington