2 Small Swim Platforms

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

I've been searching the forum archives and have yet to find the picture of the C-34 Mk I that had the two small swim platforms. One was on each side of the swim ladder. Thanks in advance!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ken Juul

I think WaterDog added some small swim platforms, he did something to the stern, can't remember exactly what.  Maybe it's in his blog or search for his old posts.

Pictures of all the sterns, Mk 1,  Dimpled (1.25), Walk Thru (1.5) and II are on the wiki, click on the Evolution link  at the top of the page.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ken Juul

slow day at work, found the picture.  It's in Steve's thread about adding an external propane mount to the stern.

Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Phil Spicer

Saw a Mkl on the hard at Sandusky Harbor,Ohio. It had 2 platforms you would find on each side of an outdrive. Find them at WM, Defender, etc. made of teak or starboard.

Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Lance Jones

Thanks Ken, that's the one!

Phil, I've been looking at that style too. The only problem would be to adjust the mount for the Non-vertical transome. No clue as to how to do that... :?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Phil Spicer

A little bending should do the trick
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

waterdog

We absolutely love these.   We are in and out of the dingy three times a day.   Not entirely sure how Scupper would get aboard without them.    I cut and redrilled mine to fit the transom.   Installed easily.   Unfortunately, mine were made by a company named Victory which has very strange idea of what makes marine grade stainless.    Always rusting.   I would rip them off and put something else on if only I didn't have sixteen holes in my transom...
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Steve,
You may want to check with Garhauer to see if they can duplicate yours and match the existing bolt holes. Those guys are very accommodating,

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Roc

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Lance Jones

Great idea Roc; however, we need a platform for helping the dogs get in and out of the dink.

Thanks!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622