attaching pictures

Previous topic - Next topic

cmainprize

Can anyone tell me how to attach a picture to the message board.

Thanks Cory
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

Stu Jackson

After you finish your message, click on Additional Options below the box into which you typed your message.  To resize pictures to fit the size limitations of the board (75 KB at last check), see: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4053.0.html  There are a few other "resizer" discussions, do a search on that word.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bob Kuba

IMAGE UPLOADING

The max file size for images is currently set for 150 kb. (150,000 bytes)
The photo will automatically be physically re-sized to 640 x 480 dimensions. (and will expand to full size when clicked on)
The max number of photos allowed per post is 5, with a 250kb limit per post.

For example, You could attach:
5 photos to a post if they were 50 kb or less.
2 photos if they were 125 kb each.
1 photo at 150 kb.

If your photo is 800 x 600 and 150 kb, it will be accepted to the forum without you having to worry about re-sizing it.
If the File Size is too large you will get the Error message as seen below.

TO UPLOAD
Just "Click" on the Additional Options... to expose the uploading menu which is below the message posting area.
When "Previewing" your post, the image WILL NOT display in the preview.
If you upload the wrong image by accident, just "modify" your post to delete it.

Hope this makes it a little clearer.
Everyone loves a good picture.  :D
Bob Kuba
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

cmainprize

Thanks, I will give it a try tonight.
I have taken pictures of this year upgrades (feather prop, flex coupling, davits, full enclosure, solar panels, shelving upgrades, crankcase vent oil separator) and I thought I would share them in case they inspired any ideas.

Cory
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

Stu Jackson

Thanks Cory.  It might be a good idea to post each different upgrade on a different thread for easier future searching and sticking on topic.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."