Catalina Hard Dodger

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Butler

Has anyone ordered a hard dodger from Catalina for an attempted retro-fit o their C34?   Assuming of course that CY has one that would fit.
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Stu Jackson

Steve, I've heard of them for 42s, and Rick built one of his own, but I haven't heard of a factory installation for a C34.  And I also think - not for sure "know" - that the 42 HDs were aftermarket done by dealers, rather than the factory.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Rick Johnson

Steve, not sure about Catalina, but the Wavestopper is a real nice hard dodger.  I forget who sent me the pictures but here is one of a Wavestopper on a C34 MkII.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

SeaFever

Steve,

Here is another photo of the Wavestopper dodger I took at the recent 'Strictly Sail Pacific' show in Oakland, CA. Pretty nice.

Rick converted one to a hard top by himself. I was impressed. You can search the forum for Rick's project or he can send you some pictures.
Mahendra, Sea Fever, Pearson 10M, #43, Oakland, CA

Garth

We have a Wavestopper hard dodger on our 89 and it's fantastic. Beats a canvas dodger any day.

Jack Hutteball

I sent the picture of our Wavestopper to Rick.  We have had it for 10 seasons now and love it.  Replaced the plastic windows last year as the originals were getting very yellow.  The only thing I would do next time is get white.  I insisted on blue which faded rapidly even when I kept it waxed regularly.  I finally tired of waxing every week or so to keep it looking nice, so I painted it with a one part epoxy.  Stays shiny now.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington