Foresail Dimensions

Previous topic - Next topic

LesGalicinski

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of a 155 genoa for a 2002 MK II tall rig with Shaeffer Furling?

I have bought a C34 and am looking to buy a light air genoa.

Where would I get such info?  I know the forestay length is 46' 2.5", but not sure how much to subtract for the furling drum & head to get the luff dimension.

cmainprize

Hi Les
The luff lenth should be the same as your current sail even if you go to a 155.  So you should be able to measure your current headsail.  I noticed you are from Barrie, so am I.  I recognized your named from the Midland Bay sailing Club.  I used to be the vice commodore and remembered your name from the waiting list.  I remembered the name because you used to have a C30 (as did I) and lived just a few streets away from me.  I also bought a mk11 c34 last year. 
Small world.  I have new ullman 150 if you want to measure it to be sure.  I also have a ullman 155 fiberpath performance sail that could be mearsured as well. 

Cory
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

Albreen

Hi Les:
I'm in the process of purchasing a new genoa and was asked to take a few measurements at the boat for the sail not made locally. As in the past, I intend to use a flexible tape measure taped to the head shackle of the top swivel, raise the jib halyard all the way up and measure to the tack shackle. This should be the actual luff taking into account the RF unit you have on-board. I've been asked to also provide the distance off the deck to this lower point of measurement along with a few other measurements to ensure a good fit. Good luck.
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain