refrigerator under nav station?

Previous topic - Next topic

pjcomeau

Has anyone put a front loading refrigerator (DC / optional AC) under the nav station. I saw the one in the wiki where they put an AC only one from Sears/Kenmore. There are a number of marine/rv models now that should fit in that spot. I'm trying to find the biggest one that can fit.

Thanks,

Pierre
Pierre Comeau
Time To Keel, 1988 #687  Saint John, NB Canada

Ken Juul

There are a couple of articles in the galley section of the wiki.  One totally DC the other AC.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Lance Jones

Pierre,
Why front opening other than convenience? We put an Engel under ours. It slides out when needed on its mount (Sold separately) and locks in place when pushed back. It is DC & AC and will automatically switch between them. We use it as our freezer and will actually keep Ice Cream frozen hard. Our AB is used as our refrigerator.

We love the Engel and would not have another type to replace it. They are VERY efficient and quiet.

Cheers!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

pjcomeau

My wife is 5' and has a hard time with the current setup. So she wants me to look at having a refrigerator/freezer under the nav station and use the icebox as an icebox only for drinks/non perishables. So front loading offers this option.

What model Engel do you have? The MT35 and MT45 are over 25" long, that would stickout quit a bit would it not?

Thanks,

Pierre
Pierre Comeau

Lance Jones

I have the MT 35 and it is up on a platform I built. Fits flush with the settee.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

wind dancer

I installed a Norcold AC\DC, fits perfectly and has run flawlessly.
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

pjcomeau

Do you have the model number? Do you have pictures of the installation? How is it held in place?

Thanks,

Pierre
Pierre Comeau