Proud new owners

Previous topic - Next topic

pkhedlin

Hello! My husband and I bought a 1989 Catalina 34 in November. We've been out about 6 times, including the test sails. We are very excited and looking forward to a wonderful summer. We have two small boys. The oldest already seems to be eager to do all he is capable of. He's 5. The "Baby" is not yet 2, so he is a little more limited in what he can do.  . . which is pretty much making Mommy nervous. And he's good at that.

My husband (chedlin) has been sailing 20 years if you count his Sunfish days at Summer camp ;). . . He's always wanted a boat but I was just a little leary since I am a paraplegic and can't move around on my own. We decided to go for it anyways and so far are thrilled beyond belief.

We've heard that our Dock is THE dock to be in, so we look forward to getting to know our slip neighbors as we get more and more warm weather.

That's us in a nutshell! I look forward to "meeting" all of you.

Ron Hill

pkh : Welcome Aboard.  Look over our web site.  There's 20+ years of information, problems/solutions and improvements to the C34 you just bought.  Alot of reading, but it's well worth your while taking the time to sift through the volumes.
A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Rick Allen

Welcome aboard!!  I think you'll find everyone here very helpful and loaded with great information!
Rick Allen, C34 IA Commodore
Former owner of "PainKiller", 1988 C34 MKI, Sail#746, std. rig, wing keel.

Joe and Carol

Well, we can tell by the joy of your words you are truly settling well into your new Catalina.  Ours is a 1988 and we share your experiences ahead knowing you will enjoy sailing the Catalina and reading the posts and articles on this C34 message board.  Congratulations!
Joe & Carol Pyles

YatchaSea
1987 Catalina 34 TR
Hull #244

Sailing Stockton Lake, Missouri

Stu Jackson

Let me add my welcome, too.  Have a great time on your boat and don't try to read all this information in one or two years!  It'll take longer than that!  But, please, do read the stickies on the main board, like the Quick Start Guide and the Critical Upgrades.  Enjoy, we look forward to hearing from you.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

Welcome! I second all that has been said. We've had our boat now going on 2 years now and we love her. This is the best place to find answers to questions before you need to ask them. Also, if you do have a question, feel free to ask as we've all been there -- done that! Welcome!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Rick Johnson

Welcome from another C34 on Lake Travis!!!  Which marina are you in?  I'm at Commanders Point and willing to share all my misadventures and mistakes.

Cheers,

Rick

Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Lance Jones

Oh no! MORE Tea-sips!!!!!  :thumb: Gig 'em!!!!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

horsemel

Welcome to best place to be boating if you can't be on your boat.  We also have an '88 on Lake Erie. This site is filled with great people willing to give good advice and just as importantly encouragement.  I'm not the handiest and this site makes even me capable in most respects.  Follow the advice of Stu, Ron, Phil and all the others and you will have a ship shape vessel and save thousands of bucks in the process.  Smooth sailing
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Indian Falls

Congratulations and thanks for relieving us from the rank of newest C34 newbie!
We got ours late last summer.  Here in Lake Ontario the season is a short May-October and I envy your ability to be out in November!  Our experience with the C34 owners assn. is so far:  awesome.
Our '90/994 is needing some attention and I've found myself drinking up from this fountain of information more times than I can count.  It is almost a necessity to belong.  Enjoy and if I may say:

Welcome to the club!

Dan & Dar
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

pkhedlin

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  :D

we are in sail and ski :)

Quote from: Rick Johnson on March 09, 2010, 01:00:59 PM
Welcome from another C34 on Lake Travis!!!  Which marina are you in?  I'm at Commanders Point and willing to share all my misadventures and mistakes.

Cheers,

Rick