Rigging for an Asymmetric Spinnaker

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Pounds

A couple of tricks when you're working in that small space by the bow:  Tie a string to your wrenches so that you can retrieve them easily if dropped.  Tap one of the holes in the backing plate  (and drill an extra hole in it for some string) so that a bolt will hold it in place while you fiddle around trying to get the nuts and washers on.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

dbpaul

Tom Soko   :clap

Some people just need pictures.

Thanks...........picture worth 1000.

paulj

tonywright

After inspecting the bow roller carefully, it seemed to me that it was already set up to take a spinnaker tack.

So I put a call into Catalina and spoke to Kent. Here's the information from Kent:   Catalina already put a fairly substantial backing plate under the bow anchor roller bolts on the MKII. (I checked, and it is definitely there.)The anchor roller has a hole about halfway along (port side) to take a shackle for a turning block. This is the place to attach the spinnaker tack.

The outer track is the standard place for either an extra set of genoa blocks, or stand-up blocks for the sheets.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Wayne

Scroll down to see a picture of my A spinnaker setup . . . the tangs instead of a bowsprit, my little bobstay, and the blue spinnaker halyard . . .
Hope all of this helps!
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca