25 XP fresh water pump wear

Previous topic - Next topic

prh77

While going over the engine this fall, loosened alternator belt and found the pump pulley [ and shaft ] to have a small amount of play. I assume it is time to replace the unit. Does anyone have the latest and greatest Kubota P/N? Thanks.
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

Ron Hill

Peyton : If you look on our web site at the D950 Kubota engine parts, you'll find the part number for the internal water pump and the other Kubota engine part numbers.   :D
Ron, Apache #788

Brad Young

Ron,
What web site are you talking about??

Thanks
brad
Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

Stu Jackson

Brad, if you look at the top of any page of this message board, you'll see C34 Tech wiki.  Clikc on it.  It gets you here:  http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Scroll down to manuals.  Click.  Read.

Another helpful resource for understanding this whole C34 Website is the QUICK START GUIDE, which is a sticky and appears at the top of the message board every time you come here:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5260.0.html 

And if you go to the main home page, www.c34ia.org, you'll see a site map.

Happy reading.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Brad Young

Thanks Stu for the info.  I've read the 101 a couple of times, and will be reading more in the future.  This site is like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hydrant and my brain can only handle a dribble at a time. It will take  a while for me to figure it out. But I will get it sooner or later, probably later.
Thanks again.
Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

prh77

My problem is that the manual on the site is very old, many of the part #s have changed many times. My local Kubota guy is not to good with all these changes. Just wondering if anyone has ordered a fresh water pump as of late, what the latest P/N is, and were there any hints/kinks to changing it. Thanks.

Ron Hill

Peyton : Go down to that Kubota dealer and look at his computer and point out the water pump.  If he still has a microfish, look at it and do the same.  There is a parts breakdown on either.  Good Luck
Ron, Apache #788

Craig Illman

re: superceding part numbers 

The TractorsMart website (www.tractorsmart.com) will accept the part number from the old D950 parts breakdowns and show the current superceding part numbers.  Try this for the water pump: 15534-73030, remember to pick up a gasket (15676-73430) too!

I have the spare water pump aboard, my original is still functioning.

Craig

prh77

jfssail

The above part numbers also fit the M35A engine, Kubota block V1200. I picked up a spare pump and gasket back in 2004 from my Kubota dealer after the original pump failed in 2003. Still have the spares. Price for the items in 2004 was $91.66 for the pump and $.87 for the gasket. The Kubota part numbers in 2004 were the same as those by TractorSmart.

Jack F Stewart
1993 C36 #1233 "Windancer"
Port Clinton, OH
Jack F Stewart
1993 C36 #1233 "Windancer"
Port Clinton, OH