Fresh water in bilge-leaking rear water tank

Previous topic - Next topic

carlsojl

I have a leaky rear water tank on my 1990 C34.  Iknow it is near or at the bottom, as there is always a small amount of water in the bilge until the tank is emptied.

I do not know if it is a leaky tank or hose leading from the tank.

Has anyone had this problem?

Is there any way of finding/tracking the hose back to the tank from the cabin?

Any suggestions before I try to squeeze myself down thru the entryway into the stern area?

Ken Juul

Have not been there yet.  Unless something put a hole in the tank, my guess would be a loose clamp.  I have contemplated going through the hatch on a couple of occasions.  I think I could slide in ok, but would have a very hard time getting out.  Unless you are a very skinny guy, think I would access the tank by taking the rear wall out of the aft berth.  That is my plan for anything I can't do by reaching in.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ted Pounds

Jeff,

I thought I had the same problem this spring when I launched.  Turns out the gasket fell off the strainer when I was putting it back on.  Because I had the aft tank selected I thought it was the aft tank leaking.  When I found the gasket in the bilge, cleaned it off and put it back on the problem was fixed.  Hopefully your leak is something like that and just as easy to fix.

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447