Thunder Road

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kuba

Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

horsemel

I admired the other guys hot rods.  Me, I had to make do with a '61 Simca.  My C34 goes faster.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Ken Juul

When you are 17 or 18 wheels are wheels, nothing wrong with a Simca.  Mine was cherry red, only car I have seen with a 4 speed shift on the column.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Bob Kuba

How about a 67 Rambler with "3 on the tree"!
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

Ken Juul

Oh you had a new Rambler, I think ours was a 64.  Dad also had a little Metro, cute car, but took a football field to turn around.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Steve Sayian

'65 Mustang, 289, 4 spd, green metal flake body and white vinal top...  wicked pissa!
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Stu Jackson

1955 Chevy wood slab sided station wagon, three on the stick.  Man, gin' from 1st to second was wicked, must have been doing all of 12 mph at the time, too!
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jack Hutteball

Green 1950 merc like the one in the picture, stock.  Burned more oil than gas!
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Bill Asbury

Thanks for the memories, Bob.  Was born a car guy in '33 and have owned way more than 100 (lost count) including many sportscars, particularly converts/roadsters.  First interesting 'short' in the '50s was a '41 Ford Cal Custom ragtop, shaved, lowered, chromed mill, dual steelpacks and painted t***y pink.  Currently enjoying a BMW Z4 roadster (in garage with top down awaiting better weather).
Cheers!
Bill
Bill & Penne
Sanderling 2005 C34MKII 1686
Chesapeake Bay

Ken Heyman

My folks had a Nash Rambler station wagon-late 50s vintage and a early 60s Plymouth  Valiant with 'push button" drive. Neither of these cars nor their driver were "chic magnets"  lots of memories, however

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Weren't those Ramblers noted for their front seat that would recline back to make a bed?
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Stu Jackson

Yup, that's why there were so many little Ramblers...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Phil Spicer

Turned around & chased after a 63 Vette just to get a look at it. At first I didn't know what it was until I got up along side.......Still one sitting in the garage today !
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Lance Jones

Wow! Ya'll must be old!!!!  :rolling I was in High School in the mid-70's. The "Car" I learned to drive was a Sears riding mower. It was a three speed center shift and had a clutch too. My real car was my dads '70 GMC Pickup (Their version of a Silverado). MY first car was a High School graduation present (1977) from my dad -- '69 Firebird with a Straight 6 Cylinder w/Overhead Cam. That girl would fly! I really miss it and wish I still had it.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

Quote from: pogmusic on February 09, 2010, 02:47:58 AM
Wow! Ya'll must be old!!!!  :rolling

Wow! Ya'll must be young!!!!  :rolling

Yes, they used to have those shift sticks you had on the floor way back up on the steering column.  Amazing, those old geezers!  How'd they ever get around???  :D