COLD MACHINE

Previous topic - Next topic

ftompa

HI, My cold machine has quit seems the compresser has failed .Factory says replace it with new .Does anyone know where to have one repaired ? I am in Michigan .Thank You Frank Tompa  GLORY-BEE # 589

pklein

Before you throw it away, bypass the thermostat to see if the compressor runs. I had to repalce the thermostat several years ago.  Fairly inexpensive.  

I also had to get the compressor recharged.  It was hard to find someone who had the freon.  Had to go to a commercial refrigeration company.  The freon leaked out at the schrader valve which is used to recharge.  They replaced the valve and then also put some teflon tape on the threads for the brass cap to create another seal.  Repairs were done 4 years ago and it's still going.

Phill Klein
Andiamo #977
Montrose Harbor - Chicago

Stu Jackson

My condenser fan wasn't working.  I did a lot of research on the www.catalinaonwers.com Adler Barbour site archives.  It is a very good reference source.  Many of the archived questions relate specifically to your experience, and explain the troubleshooting steps you need to go through to find out if it's your themostat, wiring or the dreaded electronic module.

Gary at Adler Barbour is a very helpful fellow.  (860) 664-4911.  He will also give you the name of a local representative.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."