Sink Cover

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

Two $5 cutting boards from Ikea and some 1/4" cherry & walnut from the hardware store equals new sink covers...

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Lance Jones

Great job! I take it you had to trim to fit.....
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Rick : Nice job.  
I'll take a couple of pictures of 2 sink covers that I've made.  The 1988 sinks are not recessed.
One is of Starboard, covers the right sink and goes over to the thermal pad over the fridge.
The other is a $10? store bought cutting board that just covers the right sink - no modification necessary.
Ron, Apache #788

Rick Johnson

Lance,  Yes, a bit of trimming was required.  I saw a project here that a Faberware cutting board was an exact match for my sink, but I could never find the correct model (I don't think it's made anymore).  I wanted something that would match the recess of the sink and extent my counter space.  The Ikea cutting board was perfect as far as height and the price was low enough that if it didn't work it was no big deal.  The lucky part was realizing I could buy the 1/4" cherry and walnut in the craft section of the local hardware store.  I think it adds a nice accent.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Lance Jones

Rick,
I'll be Stu for a minute :appl... Sounds like a Wiki project!!!!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Lance : Note that Ricks sink is recessed and your & mine are not. 
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

There are a couple other sink cover/cutting board projects documented in the Galley section of the Wiki.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA