V-berth Insert

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

For those who have opened up storage space under the V-berth using this modification (http://www.c34.org/projects/projects-v-berth-louvered-doors.html), I have added teak strips to the ledge that the V-berth insert sits on when in the mid-position. By doing this, I can still lower the insert to the mid-position and keep it there. When I did the original project, I couldn't lower the insert to our favorite, mid-position. Now, by adding the teak strips, it isn't any trouble at all.

Granted, the doors can't be opened but, all one has to do is raise the insert, open the door, get what you need, close the door, and then return the insert to the lower position.

Ironically, while doing this I discovered, I had used the crib board retaining pieces from one of my Catalina 22's. I had removed them from a C-22 I built as a race boat.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Craig Illman

Lance - Pictures and/or a Wiki article?

Lance Jones

Pictures? Damn, next thing you know, Stu or Ron will be asking for a Wiki?  :D
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

Lance,

You ARE the wiki-master!   :clap :clap :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

You have to log into the wiki with the same log in info you use for the message board.

I thought you did this before when you wrote your great galley access article.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

I wrote it and I think you posted it for me.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Lance Jones

Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622