Looking for source of cabin top leak

Previous topic - Next topic

pablosgirl

I have an 1988 c34 and just recently have developed a cabin top leak through the port dorado vent that is just above the chart table/ nav station.  After doing some searching on the web site for various combinations of "leaks" I came across an article about replacing the traveler and it mentioned a leak from the port vent after drilling through the cabin top to install the 9" traveler bolts.  My boat has the factory installed 9" bolts.  Has any one had a similar leak and did re-bedding the traveler fix it? 

Thanks,
Paul & Cyndi
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Stu Jackson

Paul, I noticed no one had answered.  I had written the piece you referred to.  All I can add to that is to suggest you examine what on the boat could possibly be ABOVE where the leak is coming from: not much, right?  So check the base of the dorade box and lift the traveler to reseal th base between the metal and the fiberglass, not just the tops of the bolts that go through.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Paul : As Stu mentioned, your most likely source of the leak is the dorade vent. 
Ron, Apache #788