Source for interior panels

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayr

Can anyone give me a source for the "tongue and groove" style panels that Catalina used in the cabin ceilings behind the shelving?  This is the wood that is the lighter contrasting color to the teak trim.  Thanks for any leads!

Lance Jones

Have you tried Catalina Parts Department? They find all sorts of C-34 stuff since relocating to Florida.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Nayr : I don't know of any "paneling" that Catalina uses in the "ceilings" of a C34?? 
Are you talking about the ash battoning that is on the interior side of the hull? 
Ron, Apache #788

MikeinLA

If it is the Ash battening, I may be able to help. I believe the source is H & L Lumber in the City of Industry, California. They have been a major supplier of teak drawers, shelves, mouldings, etc to Catalina for years. I once inquired of them about the battening with a thought toward doing up my V-berth sides. They sent me a sample and it is actually battens attached to a thin plywood board. Not sure what the dimensions of the "board" is as I didn't pursue it, but give them a call.

Mike

Nayr

I gave Catalina a call, but the $400 a sheet kinda put me off! :D

Ceiling=interior hull sides.  The ash batten panel is indeed what I am talking about.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the line on H & L, I'll give them a try.

Lance Jones

Don't be surprised if you have a hard time with H&L. I have left messages and had promises of a return call and it never happened. Hopefully, you'll have better luck.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Nayr : Call H&L @ (323)636-1718.  I used some of their ash battoning to cover the dark plastic sliders in the salon. 
I bought the battoning in 1" strips, so measure what you need and call them.
Ron, Apache #788