regular maintenance

Previous topic - Next topic

joe

on your routine maintenance items such as oil and gas filters, drive belt, impellers,etc do you have an on-line location that you order from or do you use  some other resource?
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"

Braxton

I've been splitting my money between our local Kubota engine dealer, my local Napa store, and Torreson marine:  http://shop.torresen.com.

Some of the more experienced members may be more sophisticated then this but I generally comb through the message board to see if the part is a specific to either Kubota or Universal and the order appropriately.
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Stu Jackson

Not necessarily in order

1.  www.marinedieseldirect.com;  www.tractorsmart.com

2.  local Kubota tractor dealer (thermostats and other engine parts)  see reply #6 here, find ones in your area or use these, they ship all over;  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3133.0.html

3.  local Universal distributor (Seapower in Oakland, CA)  you could find one in your neighborhood, I'll bet

4.  Local automobile store for alternator belts
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Joe : In general you can get any "tractor engine" related parts for Kubota.  If it's something that Universal/Westerbeke did to "marneize" the engine then you may be stuck with the Universal dealer. 
I've posted a list of telephone numbers, filter numbers etc on our web site.  Go to DEPCO for raw water pump parts and Sem-Dure' at Glenn-Mar Marine for Heat X parts (800)282-0123.

The bottom line is to stay away from the Universal dealer as much as you can, to save many boat $$. 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

joe

its "nuts and bolts" info like this that made me decide to get a sprint card so i could get the internet while on the boat and access this site. tx. joe
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"