engine circulating pump

Previous topic - Next topic

joe

on saturday, the smell of burning rubber and smoke caught my attention. the culprit was the circlating pump on the engine. it had frozen up and the drive belt was its victim. can someone tell me the best place to purchase a new pump.is this something to get from catalina. tx joe
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"

karista

Joe
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Bought the pump from Universal Dealer only to find out that you can buy it from a Kubota Dealer for less than half the cost. Do a search and you will find the Kubota part number. :santa
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Ron Hill

Joe : Go to your Kubota dealer and get a pump for a B7200 tractor engine + gasket.  You'll get it at more than 1/2 the price as Universal.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Please read reply #6, here:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3133.0.html

[fresh water engine pump = added for future searches]
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

MarkT

If you havent yet purchased a new pump.

On our delivery voyage we lost the circulating pump. The best deal we found was from EDI Distributors
Call them at 1 800 220 7080  edi-dist.com
The price was under $100 and we had the part the next day.

joe

i checked a marine diesel dealer price $305. i got the pump from a local kubota dealer. price $ 170. next time your suggestion will be my first look.
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"

karista

Joe
A good source for Kubota parts is: tractorsmart.com

They have a good website and ordering is easy with fast shipment. They show this pump (P/N 15443-73030) for $119!

Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL