Careful Engine Inspection & M25 Alternator Pivot Bolts & Tension Nuts

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Stu : I assume that you have the alignment that you want!? 
If that's the permanent solution I'll quote Mainsail, "You must be joking"?!  Nylon is soft/especially when heated it's pliable and will NOT hold up in that environment!!!

I'd go to a machine shop and get a metal spacer made OR get a stack of metal washers to replace those nylon gidgets you inserted.

Also Nylon is compressible and you want something solid to really hold down that alternator in place solidly as the engine vibrates!!
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I hear ya.  I'll keep an eye on it.  I'll get my son to help do it with metal washers.  All of the above.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

mainesail

Quote from: Stu Jackson on August 30, 2012, 05:57:44 PM
more

Stu,

Those shims would go well with one of those big red rubber bands from a punchy balloon, as your fan belt.... :D :D :D :D :D :D Please tell us they are temporary....
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

Stu Jackson