What to Do With the Old Table

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

The top of my hanging locker was dominated by an oversized microwave.    I downsized the microwave somewhat and cut up the remains of the salon table, my old cockpit table, and a coffee table that Scupper ate to rework the area.

Now the microwave faces the galley.  It's bumped up higher to allow storage of a couple of laptops, modems etc underneath.   I have a dedicated drawer for my pencil and dividers.   There's room above for our finest acrylic stemware and spots for storing cylinders.   One of them a champagne bottle that I found in my halyard bag from Ocean Spirit - a MKII that's a few slips down. 

I still have to plug, sand, and varnish the fiddles, but I think packing the house is starting to be a higher priority.  Oh, yeah and putting new formica on the kitchen counter top.   And one day with Bob's help, I promise I'll put all this in the wiki.

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

And you did all this with your sewing machine? Gotta get me one of them.       :D
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

waterdog

You can use mine.   I'll have it with me when we hit San Diego in October.   You can pick it up at the boat.    Scupper will be tied to the handle.   Be sure to give him food and water and take him for a walk and a swim now and then.  We'll be going to the zoo.   

Now.   I just need to figure out where I can fit a table saw aboard...
Steve Dolling
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Scupper should get along with our two chihuahua's. Maybe he can taech them to swim.

As for the table saw, do you have a spare halyard?
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Bob Kuba

Steve,

Nice additions. Over the morning cup of Java, I added it to the wiki.
http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hanging_Locker_Upgrade

Bob
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

Susan Ray

I just installed a smaller version of your microwave. I put it on an old teak cutting board and bolted it through the counter. As I am not going cruising this is all I needed. Thanks for posting all your projects. Great ideas! Where did you get the 'Teak and Holly' board you used behind the microwave?
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

waterdog

The teak and holly board is actually mahogany and maple.   It was an old table I made for the cockpit of my last boat.   It is now mostly in the new salon table with a leftover bit in the microwave stand which is also built from an old coffee table that Scupper ate and the old salon table.      I've since trimmed out the microwave with a nice piece of burly somethingorother which was an old headboard from my inlaws.   Who says you have to buy new teak?

This is my last post from the home computer.   

I am about to pull the plug, put it in a box, store it in the crawl space and hand over the keys to my renters.   Five more sleeps and we are gone...
Steve Dolling
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat