BIODIESEL FUEL

Previous topic - Next topic

PAUL T.

A new product has become available in Ventura California. The product is called Biodiesel. Its claims are that it is non toxic, free of sulfer and aromatics, more complete cumbustion, sweet smelling exhaust, can be mixed with regular diesel, easier on engine, no engine mods needed and a spill is harmless. This stuff is made from recycled vegetable oil. Cost is around 2.50 per gallon. As of now Park Service boats are using this stuff. Has anybody heard of this stuff?       Thanx PAUL "SEAESTA" #766

Jentine

It is a nice product and environmentally friendly, but there is no big brother watching the quality or similarity of the product from vendor to vendor.  There are several producers here in New England but there is little market at $5.00 per gallon.
Jim Kane

shekinahsailor

Check out www.soygold.com. I haven't used bio diesel yet but my dock mate
has for the past year with no problems.  He blends with regular diesel at a
20% rate

Stu Jackson

There was some discussion when this product first came out about five or six years ago that it deteriorated existing fuel hoses.  I have not followed that in detail, since the only available soy diesel distributor is an hour away from our marina, which also has a very convenient fuel dock with regular diesel.

Has anyone heard anything recently?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."