Two questions:mounting for Engine hour meter & main halyard

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

Hi All,
Thanks to previous replies have ordered water pump and fuel float sensor.  Last year the hour meter stopped working.  rather than replace tacometer, I thought of just adding an hour meter.    Looks like I just need ground and 2 other wires hot, neutral.  should I mount it by cutting a hole in next to the existing panel, or mount elsewhere?  any wiring recommendations?  and placement?  also, there was a major snag on the main halyard where it goes through the clutch on the cabin top.  I called Catalina and was told best to order halyard via west or similar company.  Any ideas on sizing?  replace with same size?  To replace I was thinking of just whipping 1/8 cord and bringing it through, then attaching the new and pulling it up from the opening at the base of the mast upward to the top, hopefully it would flow throught the right blocks and sheeves.  anybody done that and give a few pointers?  Thanks alot

Jentine

I just replaced all my halyards and sheets.  The halyards are 3/8" dacron and the sheets are 7/16" dacron.  Each of the three halyards were 120' long for a standard mast.  I sewed the new halyard to the old one and taped the connection for smooth passage.  Changing the three halyards took less than a half hour.
Jim Kane

Aquakon

Yeah, that's what I did: sew & tape.

Rumours of my Death Persist