inline water treatment for the head

Previous topic - Next topic

ed webb

I have a small screw in canister for adding treatment to the head. It was manufactured by Rtec of Sausilito, CA. I have tried to find them on line but they appear to out of business. Does anyone know of a replacement, or do I even nedd it.

Thanks, Ed

Stu Jackson

Ed, Congratulations!  The hits keep on comin' 'cuz this is a new one on us!  Good for you.

What I suggest you do is this:  wander over to this website and ask Peggie Hall, who knows everything there is to know about boat odors and heads.  She'll be glad to help.  Then, let US know! :D

http://forums.catalina.sailboatowners.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

ed webb

This is the response that I got from Peggy.

I've never been a fan of inline "head treatments"...they aren't that effective and the chemicals in 'em can interfere with holding tank products.

So I guess that I will just eliminate it from the system.

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Ed,
Odorlos is an excellent product for the head. Flush your tank out a few times at the pumpout station first to get it as clean as possible before you use it and don't put any other chemicals in the tank with it including soap or other cleaning products.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

ed webb

Thanks Mike. The Rtec system was an inline capsule that treated the water prior to it entering the bowl. It had a small canister that as I understand it, had a solid treatment capsule. I guess that it would be similar to a urinal cake. My wife has been in charge of all odor concerns, and interior appearance (I get mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing).

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."