Perch Seat Mounts

Previous topic - Next topic

jedowden

I found this picture on the forum, and I really like this setup. Can someone tell me what the angle of the SS mount is? I can't tell if it's 30, 45, or 60 degrees in the picture.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh & Pam Dowden
La Vita Pacifica, Hull #517

Ken Juul

I get a red x instead of a picture.  May be the firewall at work.  Can you post the link to the original. 

The Stern perch seats aren't that hard to make if you are a DIY kind of person, most of bits you need can be purchased at WM or other chandlery.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Lance Jones

While not directly answering your question, you can also get them at Zarcor. I got mine there and love 'em. Best seat in the house!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

jedowden

Josh & Pam Dowden
La Vita Pacifica, Hull #517

Stu Jackson

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3048.15.html  From a search on stern seats, click on the sbo.com link provided in the first post of that thread.  The bottom support tubing does not have to go diagonally, it can go straight down if it is located so that it comes in very close to the coaming.  That way the helmsman's cushion can be put in place without the tube interfering with it.  Also, consider only one seat, not two.  We only have one, on the port side, because our adjustable backstay vang and the BBQ are on the starboard side.

This works with a Mark I and Mark I-1/4s.  Mark I-1/2s with a walk through transom - not so good if the lazarette seats lift sideways.  Mark IIs are a different breed altogether.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."