Catalina Parts Dept.

Previous topic - Next topic

karista

I have been trying to contact Catalina Parts for the last few weeks, first by E-mail for two weeks, absolutely no replies to my inquiries, then by phone, no more luck there. Calls end up in voice-mail and are never returned. This is, in my humble opinion just terrible customer service.
I would be interested if others are experiencing the same bad results in trying to order parts!
Bernd

karista

Ron
For what it is worth, Greg left Catalina over a year ago, when is the last time that you tried to order anything by going thru the normal Parts Dept., not a personal contact? I've now seen from previous other correspondance that this seems to be a ongoing problem with them.

Bernd

rdavison

My experience is no better.  Three attempts to order the sliding black plastic salon cabinet doors have resulted in promises but no call-backs at all.  I gave up an am making them from marine ply.

Randy Davison  #1268 1993 k7voe

calewis

Don't use ply for your doors. Use the yellow pages and find a plastic resaler. Like Tap Plastic. They will cut the doors to size if you give them the measurments. You can even cut them yourself with a skill saw. Sand the edges smooth and use a torch on the edges to finish them nice. (Don't overheat or you will have bubbles in the plastic).

rdavison

Chris,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.  I was thinking I could change the look with ply with a teak or ash veneer.  Is there a reason not to go this route or do you prefer the look of the plastic?

calewis

Hi Randy,

I see your boat is in Anacortes. We are headed up that way in Aug. with our Yacht Club. We have rented out of Friday Harbor and have about 16
boats going. We are looking foreword to it.

The plastic is just as easy as plywood to cut. Much quicker to finish and install and requires less maintenance. I figure I have enough wood
on the boat to take care of.

Chris Lewis

f

Alohman

We have the mirror type sliding salon doors.  They seem to make the interior brighter.  We just replaced three of the four doors at a cost of about $60.  Took the old doors in for an exact match.  Work done by our local glass/mirror store. Just an idea.
Vicky

rdavison

Chris and Vicky - thanks for the ideas!

Chris - if you need any recommendations or comments on destinations, conditions, etc, please e-mail me at saltwaterluvc34@hotmail.com.  Remove c34 from address.  Spam is bad enough already!