FM Stereo antenna

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

I have just installed a new stereo (there was none before) in Katarina and still need an antenna.  What do most of you do for
an AM/FM antenna??  Also what does Catalina do for an antenna with factory installed stereos  ??
Tried the search but couldn't find much specifically on antennas for stereo.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

Craig Illman

Larry - You can get a splitter for your VHF antenna. I have a separate VHF antenna for my AIS receiver. I have the VHF/FM splitter there, instead of my main VHF cable. I'm sure some people have TV antennas and split the FM band off that cable. How much antenna you require is probably a function of the distance and power of your favorite stations. I expect most newer radios have support for XM/Sirius satellite radio as another option.

Craig

Ron Hill

Larry : I have a Hinkley TV antenna (see Mainsheet article).  I'm sure that it will work after the change next month.  What I found is that you are better off using and A/B switch so ALL (100%) of the signal goes to the TV or the FM radio.
Will work best, unless you listen to TV and FM radio at the same time!!  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

AM antennas are built into the radio.  We successfully use an $8 plug in wire antenna.  Cheapest, works best.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bobg

found my antenna, cheap one, laying on its side behind the port settee. FM Radio comes in good, however, can't raise AM for my favorite talk shows.
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Lance Jones

I bought a splitter at West Marine and, while typically expensive, it will pull in all the FM you'd like to have.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622