Lewmar V1 Windlass

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

Finally 100% done and tested last weekend.  I already wish I had a wash-down pump to keep the mud off...  It worked great and makes life much easier.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Craig Illman

Rick - Now that you have a design, you can sell kits for the rest of us engineering challenged folks.

Craig

Michael Shaner

Nice Rick...I like the louvered "access panel"!
Michael & Alison Shaner

Stu Jackson

Super!  Can you add a photo with the locker doors closed?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Rick Johnson

Stu,

No problem, but it won't look like much.  I have a single door and the windlass clears the bottom of the door.  My first requirement was that I did not want to cut a hole in the locker door.

Cheers,

Rick

gctj

Very nice!  I got a V1 about a year ago and its still in the box. Never enough time to install and I wasn't sure how I should do it.  Can you supply any details about your installation. How did you make the shelf you placed the windlass on?  Thanks for any information you can give me.
George Turner

Rick Johnson

George,

I have pictures of every step of the way.  I'll try to write up some notes and send it to you in the next few days.  It was all pretty easy and I feel very comfortable about the strength of the installation.

Cheers,

Rick

jmnpe

Rick,

How about sending all your details to the Projects manager of the web site and let them post it on the Projects page? Many of us would probably like to see exactly what you did. Adding a windlass is my next major project.

John
1988 Hull 728
Otra Vez
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728

Ken Juul

We are trying to do away with the projects page.  We built the wiki in it's place.  Rick it's not that hard to build a wiki page instructions are posted about half way down the opening page.  Or you can send me the info and pictures I'll be happy to turn it into a wiki page for you.  Going sailing in the British Virgins for 2 weeks so it I won't be able to get to it for a while.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA