Forward stanchions

Previous topic - Next topic

horsemel

I need to rebed my stanchions.  I have read all of the information after searching the subject so I am pretty confident about how to do it.  One thing I did not find in the information was the best way to remove the vinyl and wood trim that covers the the stanchions from the inside in the v-berth.  Is it best to remove the vinyl panel first or the wood trim?  I know it is a silly question, but I figure it is best to ask somebody who has probably done it.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Stu Jackson

Mark,

What wood trim?  The facing wood stays in place.  You just unscrew the white vinyl horizontal material, which is screwed into battens behind the white stuff.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

RV61

Mark,
As Stu mentioned by removing vinyl covered board you will have the access you need. If you would like to talk thru the rebedding process stop by next door at end pier 6 at Herls as I have done this a couple times.
Rick
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

horsemel

Thanks for the input Stu and Rick.  Glad it is only the vinyl.  Rick, I think I understan the process, but will look you up this weekend to talk about it.
Mark
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Ted Pounds

When you re-bed them I HIGHLY recommend adding some backing plates.   :thumb:  I made mine from some aluminum bar-stock which is very easy to work with.  At the very least put some bigger fender washers on.  Just a thought...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447