Puget Sound boat yards

Previous topic - Next topic

wind dancer

I'm hauling out Wind Dancer at Seaview in a few weeks to paint the bottom and install new zincs and am shocked at the cost.  Over $500 including tax for haul and pressure wash (which they won't let you do yourself).   Much of this is the $70 environmental fee plus the $102 they charge for pressure washing.  I haven't hauled out since October '07 -- have prices really increased so much?  I used the Port of Everett's facilities last time but don't want to make the 50 mile round trip that weekend.  Are there closer boat yards I should be checking out?
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Albreen

Jay - The shipyard here bungles these costs into a seasonal price. But I believe when I was launched last year the cost was $12 per foot. Update - I checked my records tonight and it was $8 per foot each way, haul and launch.

From the local shipyard..........
Full-Service Storage
$31.00 Outside
$55.50 Inside
per boat ft
(no additional handling charge) Includes haul, launch, bottom wash and storage on owner's cradle or trailer (Cradles are available for lease)

Sailboats stored inside add mast storage fee listed below
Paul Leible
1987 C34 "ALBREEN", SR/FK, M25XP
Sailing Lake Champlain

Jack Hutteball

Jay,
When I hauled two years ago in anacortes, Skyline it was $5.50/ foot for the round trip.  Pressure wash was $2.50/ foot, but not sure about an environmental fee.  My diver actually scrubbed the bottom the morning it was pulled (I have that done 3 times a year plus he checks and replaces zincs) which is cheeper.  I haul and paint every 3 years which works for me.  My total yard bill was $3.12, and I bought and applied the paint.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

wind dancer

Jack,

Thanks for the info.  That's more along the lines of what I paid in Everett in '07.  I may wait until I have a weekend free and combine a trip with a little work. . .  I love being at Shilshole but everything is more expensive in Seattle than in surrounding areas.

Jay
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Braxton

Does anyone have any recommendations for the south sound area?
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA