Replacing Interior Lights

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewartn

Bought 2 MR16 replacement bulbs for the 2 overhead lights in the v berth. (SWMBO - She who must be obeyed - reads up there and leaves the lights on far into the night)

Now, how does one get the original bulb out of this fixture? Also, the same fixtures in the main and rear cabin extend below the liner and swivel. The 2 in the f'wd area seem to have been pushed up level with the liner. Is there a way to get these back out so they swivel.

Thx All.

Stewart Napoleon
Desiree, C34 Mk II, #1472
Greenwich, CT
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

Stewartn

Should have said "2 MR 16 LED Lights"
Greenwich, CT

Stu Jackson

Stewart, I don't know about those lights, but if you click "Modify" you can edit older posts that you made without adding separate ones.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Susan Ray

Can you take photos of said lights? Think I have the same ones and can help...
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Roc

Stewart,
I had the same problem a couple years ago with the light over the galley sink.  I tried to take the bulb out and it was impossible.  It broke and I ended up damaging the housing.  I called Catalina and ended up buying a whole new fixture including the bulb for about $15.  I would like to change some out to LED's, but I'm hesitant.  I would like to know if you ever are successful with your LED upgrade.

Thanks..
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

c34no1471

Stewart,

I tried to reply to your note, but my reply got posted to the "LED replacement" thread that I had previously posted to, and which is now at the top of the forum list.  Take a look...and I see you have hull number 1472, and I have 1471.  I'm sure Catalina made some improvements between the two...(joke).

George Alberts
Breezing Up
Hull Number 1471

Here:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3736.15.html  [Stu]

George Alberts
Breezing Up, Catalina 34 MKII
Hull No. 1471
Chesapeake Bay

Stewartn

Called a supplier of the lights in Florida. FYI, he says to remove the fixture and push the swivel out (carefully) from the rear. The bulb is pried out with a little screwdriver. I'll let you know if it works. Thx all.
Greenwich, CT

Stewartn

FYI... I did get the swivel out of the flush position. Removed the three overhead mounting screws, dropped the fixture. Carefully line up the little square tab on the swivel portion with the appropriate track on the housing and push gently but firmly, presto. MR 16 Bulb is pried out with very small screwdiver, carefully and relpaced with a LED Mr 16.
Rgds,
stewatn
C34 #1472
Desiree, OGYC
Greenwich, CT

tonywright

Does this thread sound a little like: how many C34 owners does it take to change a light bulb...?  :?

Seriously, we have to remove the fitting, then pry out the bulb with a screwdriver?

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada