Dorade cleaning

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

I wish I would have had my camera for before and after pictures. I was polishing my stanchions and  pulpits with Prism Polish and decided to try it on my splotchey dorade cowls. After less than five minutes they look like new. I've seen threads on re-painting them, but this seems like a better alternative.

You can get Prism Polish directly http://www.mppros.com/metal01.htm or it's carried by many marine outlets.

Craig

Clay Greene

I completely agree about Prism Polish, although I have to admit that it gave me a big shock last weekend.  I got bored polishing the stern rail and decided to try and shine up the silver engine panel, which I have thought for the past three years was made of aluminum.  Imagine my surprise when a few seconds of polishing revealed that the silver engine panel actually was black plastic when it left Woodland Hills some 20 years go.  That resulted in an hour of hard polishing to return one more small piece of our boat to pristine condition.   Looks great now and I got a good upper arm and shoulder workout as well. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Ron Hill

Guys : I believe that Craig is cleaning Nicro cowels. 
Be interesting to see if that stuff also cleans Vetus cowels (4" 1986/87/88 C34s).  I believe that Vetus and Nicro are made of differant materials ?!
Ron, Apache #788

Clay Greene

I cleaned my Vetus cowls (and their bases) with Prism Polish and they look like new.  The only bad part is that they now make the rest of the boat look dirty!
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

joe

are we talking about cowls that look like white discolored plastic?
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"

Craig Illman