Table Insert Cushion

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

Damn Jon.  Never did learn how to Wiki.   But I promise I will.

In the meantime, here's my new salon berth insert cushion that goes on top of the lowered table.   I'm showing it in 3 configurations.

The first configuration is the one we are all used to.  It's the standard cushion with the original foam on the inside.   We'll have this aboard the boat when we do standard weekend style cruising with the occasional guests aboard.   The only difference between this cushion and the factory original is that it is recovered and has no buttons through it. 

The second configuration is the extended cruise guest mode.   This is how the cushion will look when we cruise to Mexico.  The original foam will stay at home and the cushion gets a special stuffing hence the lumpy look.   We might have guests aboard using the salon berth maybe 10% of the time and use the cushion this way.   

The third configuration is config 2 unpacked.   The cushion cover folds in half and gets stuffed under a settee cushion.    Out come the comfy decorative throw pillows that get distributed around the salon in the v-berth and the aft cabin.   No more monster cushion taking up valuable cubic feet getting in the way 90% of the time, yet we maintain the functionality of the drop down table bed.   

Anyone can convert their standard factory cushion by cutting the upholstery buttons off. 

The downside is the main salon bed won't be quite as comfortable as the original.   But you don't want your guests lingering too long right? 
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Susan Ray

Clever solution for that bulky cushion...Did you make the throw pillows? If so where did you get the cover material? Unusual design that I would like to have on my boat. Thanks...
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Stu Jackson

Susan, good request, but my understanding is that those cushion covers are from UNIQUE Canadian leopards. :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

Canadian Snow Leopards me thinks! :rolling
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Hawk

Thats right, just last week I saw Steve leaving his igloo bundled up in his furry seal hides trudging up Whistler Mountain in search of the elusive Canadian snow leapard............

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

waterdog

Susan,

Pay no heed to the jokers.   They're only teasing me because I speak with a funny accent.  Believe me, they would go after you if they knew any good Hawaiian jokes.

Obviously these are not Canadian Snow Leopard hides.   At least the front two.  You can see that these are Pigmy Klondike Giraffes.   These are a protected species in Canada, though there is some hunting of them in Southeast Alaska.    I know of nowhere where you can buy either the hides or the finished cushions commercially.   I got mine from a guy named Pierre for showing him how to make a USB connection to his woodstove...

But I can whip you up a couple of cushions in either beaver or adult seal hides if you like.

Steve

Steve Dolling
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

waterdog

Quote from: Hawk on March 27, 2009, 10:09:46 AM
Thats right, just last week I saw Steve leaving his igloo bundled up in his furry seal hides trudging up Whistler Mountain in search of the elusive Canadian snow leapard............

Hawk

Only 3 more months until our igloos melt, eh Tom?

Steve Dolling
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Lance Jones

Steve,
I, of course, gnu that the top ones were Pygmy Klondike Giraffes. Hell, EVRYONE knows that. However, I was talking about the bottom cushions. I play Irish music as a part time affair and I ALWAYS ask if there are any Canadians in the pub because if there are, I have to play everything in the key of..........wait for it................ almost there now............ the key of eh! Spaniards are also an issue as the request the key of Si. Man I hate myself. Please forgive me Lord and bless the pigmys in New Guinea.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

waterdog

Unfortunately, Lance has just had his posting privileges suspended for 1 week.    :cry4`

Just so everyone is clear on the site rules.   It's OK to pick on Canadians.   But it has to be funny.   
Steve Dolling
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Susan Ray

Steve, Where are you moored again? The Canadian Mounted Police should be in touch soon about your taking of Seal and Beaver hides out of season for you boat pillows..and to tax hides what you have illegally aboard. They thought the Pygmy Klondike Giraffes were extinct so have some question about them also...they figure the Snow Leopard is fair game if you can find him.....
and No one knows any good Hawaiian jokes ....

Hawk

Come to think of it, a well kept secret is that the Canadian Mounted Police have been breeding, for a century, a rare breed of horse with unique colouring that almost perfectly mimics the Klondike Snow Giraffes, so prevalent up here.
Of course it's all being put to good use now as the Mounties now blend in well as they protect Canadians along the vast hinterland of the US/Canada border. Recent reports however say they are concerned about two that mysteriously vanished.............Steve??

And Steve, I'm surprised to hear that your igloo will be melting so soon, as you had mentioned that you were sowing in some super insulation imported from Hawaii....thought you said banana leaves...........

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Susan Ray

Hawk, Those two didn't really vanish...they just can't see them as they blend so well. Need special glasses only made in Hawaii from banana leaves to see (they happen to be insulating too). They can order those through me for a very low price (only sold by the dozen) to see the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Klondike Snow Giraffe Horse.

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

So, no one's heard the joke about the Hawiian who walked into a bar with their pet Canadian Snow Leopard on a leash?

:D
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Lance Jones

Elefino?! Ooooops wrong punch line.
Steve, is my 1 week suspension in Canadian or US time? :D
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Bob Kuba

It's Ok to pick on Canadians? Well then...

Do you know why Canadians prefer to make love doggy-style?
So they can both watch the hockey game!

Disclaimer:
This was told to me years ago by a Canadian while I was driving up to Alaska.
I can only assume she was being factual... really.
Are suspensions based on a sliding scale?
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore