Boat US towing

Previous topic - Next topic

horsemel

Our dues to the assoication once again paid for themselves!!.  :clapWe got a very nice discount on the Boat US Membership because of the C34 Association.  The unlimited towing package went from $115.00 to $34.00.  That's a whole lot more savings than I am getting from the Stimulus Package!
Mark Mueller
Blue Moon #815
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Tom Clay

Mark,

How did you get the discount? Our Boat US membership in also up for renewal, but I did not see anything about discounts in the package.
Tom and Lynn Clay
2006 34' Hull #1760......Somewhere
Olympia, Wa.

Stu Jackson

Tom,

In the welcome package we sent you when you first joined the C34IA there is a Group # for the BoatUS membership discount.

If you've misplaced that package, please send me an email at mraquaq at aol.com and I'll get it to you.

Same for any other C34IA member.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Tom Clay

Thanks Stu.....

Email on the way.
Tom and Lynn Clay
2006 34' Hull #1760......Somewhere
Olympia, Wa.

Roc

With the discount, what's the yearly membership fee?  Unlimited towing is $34 with I34 membership?  Didn't know that.  Is the group number on this site?
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Stu Jackson

The group discount is for a half price membership:  $9.95 instead of $19.95

The group discount is NOT on this site because it is for C34IA members only.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

horsemel

I don't know if the discount for Boat US was also for the towing or not.  I only know that when we did the membership online and put in the C34 code that the towing was at a greatly reduced price.  The site indicated that it was reduced and I don't know if it was because of the C34 thing or because they now have added an unlimited Gold tow plan.
Mark Mueller
Blue Moon #815
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Jim Hardesty

I switched to BOAT US  towing also.  The price and service sounded much better than our tow company could offer.  I called BOAT US insurance to check out some facts and was told it covers not only your boat, but any boat you are captain, it covers you in Canadian waters (important to me).  I was concerned with the policy of using a phone to contact them for a tow.  They said that they perfer the phone contact, but a VHF radio contact for a tow would be covered.  If they don't have a towing company in the area they would reimburse for the tow.  Real good for service for the buck.

Is the service that good?  I would like to here any problems that others have had dealing with BOAT US towing.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Bob K

I called Boat US to ask about the reduced rate for unliimited towing.  I was told that only applies to members of a Power Squadron or Coast Guard Auxiliary organization.
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Jim Hardesty

Bob,
The offer was printed on my membership (BOAT US) renewal that I did in January.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Bob K

Wow - I'm not sure what to say. The Boat US member services woman did not hesitate when I asked her the question, so I assume she knows her stuff.   Well, enjoy your discount!
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay

karista

I just renwed my membership and unlimited towing using the cat34 number, I did not get any reduction in my unlimited towing coverage.
I would like to know if anyone truly received a reduction on the Towing rate.
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

horsemel

We did our renewal online and the reduced rate came up automatically when we did the renewal.  There was a note above it that said something to the effect that the rate would depend on the area you were operating in.  Not sure how that effects things for those not on Lake Erie.  All we did was the online renewal with the C34 code.
Mark Mueller
Blue Moon #815
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

John Sheehan

I renewed our Boat US membership and unlimited towing today.  With my Power Squadron membership there is a discount on both the membership and the unlimited towing.  The USCG Aux. also gets the same discounts.  However, the unlimited $34 rate is only for fresh water.  Salt water coverage has a 10% discount so it goes from $116 to $104.

John
John Sheehan
Sea Shell
2003 MKII  # 1642
Gulf Breeze, FL