PayPal is HERE

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

We are pleased to announce that PayPal is now available for C34 International  Association dues payments for ALL C34IA members.

Our overseas international owners & members will find it much easier to obtain and maintain their memberships.

After a lot of work, particular thanks go to the C34IA Officers who made this work with Past Commodore Ken Juul, Commodore Jon Schneider, Treasurer Ken Heyman and Webmaster Dave Sanner.

You can find it here, on JOIN, scroll down:  http://www.c34.org/join_top.html

I intend to email our overseas members directly to advise them of this new feature of the Association.

Join the C34IA to support this website
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Roger Blake

AHHHH! Thanks to all who worked on this to make it available to the membership. Good job to all!  :clap
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

Jon Schneider

Big thanks go to our Treasurer, Ken Heyman, and to our Chief Technology Officer (formerly our "webmaster," but that's such a dated term, and he does so much more), Dave Sanner.  But also special thanks to Stu Jackson, who is dealing with the new sign-ups, and so now has to juggle two types of processes.  (It'll get better, Stu... we promise!)
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Jon Schneider

Just to build on Stu's original posting, do you know that you don't have to have a PayPal account to use it to pay for your C34IA membership?

We use PayPal to process regular credit card payments.  Even if you don't have a PayPal account, you can still join the Association online using PayPal, because PayPal will process any major credit card securely and privately even without an account, and you'll become a C34 IA member in good standing almost instantly. You should also know that we don't share our members' information with any third parties (except obviously PayPal and your credit card issuer during the transaction). 

If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to PM or email me. 
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA

Bobg

Been using the information here for free for 2 years, had the app on the desk almost as long, being the great procrastinator I am, never sent it in.  Just completed my membership on line and now am a member like the rest of you guys.  Thanks for doing that.  Now that I am a (brother) will I get a CD with past tech notes? and a newsletter?   Thanks again guys    Bob Gatz on "Ghostrider"
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Jon Schneider

That's great news, Bob.  Thank you so much.  Every paid membership helps support the Association's activities, including this site.  And, yes, you'll get Mainsheet every quarter, which is a whole lot better than a newsletter, because it's a fairly significant compilation of news and, importantly, tech tips and ideas from not just C34 owners, but from all Catalina owners.  You'll find the Tech Notes sections from similar boats such as the C36 and the C42 especially relevant, but there are good ideas from all of the models.  Plus a CD of C34 Tech Notes archives (just up through 2003, but we're working on an update this year) as well as access to them online through a members-only password. 

Thanks again, and welcome aboard!
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Bobg on March 21, 2009, 09:54:35 AM
Been using the information here for free for 2 years...Just completed my membership on line and now am a member like the rest of you guys.  Thanks for doing that.  Now that I am a (brother) will I get a CD with past tech notes? and a newsletter?

Bob and all,

Yes, when we receive the PayPal receipts and identify a new C34IA member, we prepare a "New Member Welcome Package" which includes the written "hello and thanks" letter, the instructions to accessing the Tech Notes Online (TNO) and the CD-ROM which has the TNO, and the Projects & FAQs (now in the new online wiki) which go to 2001 (not 2003).

Some new members who have signed on with PayPal do request their TNO access un and pw by email right away, which creates a small amount of additional work for us.  We're pleased to oblige them, but encourage you to have a bit o'patience since we usually mail the New Members package out within a few days.  When you receive that package, PLEASE save the un and pw - as you can imagine we receive plenty of "I lost my pw, help!" messages.

And also please remember that your un and pw for THIS Message Board is something YOU and YOU ALONE know 'cuz YOU make it up and NO ONE else knows, so save that safely, too.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bobg

Thanks Stu and Jon, I got the patience, believe me I got the patience, been waiting for almost 6 months now to get back on the boat with 2 months to go, bought a bunch of neat stuff for the boat and just waiting for the ice thaw.   
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands