Stern Pulpit Seats for a Mk I C-34

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

For all of you out there who like the stern pulpit seats on the Mk II's, I recently picked up the stern perch after market seats from Zarcor. They install in about 15 minutes each, are great AND the company really offers really good support.

To install:
1) Remove product from the box
2) Install seat leg and tighten Allan screw
3) Insert wing bolt into clamp
4) Tighten clamps on stern rail
5) Sit back on seats and enjoy your favorite adult beverage!!!!!! :clap
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Braxton

Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Lance Jones

Not of the seats specifically. However, I do have one with one in the background. I'll take some this weekend.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ken Heyman

we are also happy with zarcor--web site is:

www.zarcor.com
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

Stu Jackson

Our friend and former C34 owner Al Watson (#55, now Dave Commando's, still named Kindred Spirit) made us a single port stern seat as a gift.  It's great.  It is very similar to the one in the picture above.  Please note that the placement of the supporting tube below the seat is important.  Because ours, like the picture, is close to the coaming, it allows the helmsman's seat cushion to still be used.  We're happy with the one seat because the starboard side has our BBQ, dinghy engine mount and hoist and the vang for our adjustable backstay.  Only having one keeps the area behind the helm still pretty open-feeling.  While  one may seem odd for some, you may want to consider it, because we feel that two would kinda "cramp our style," what little we have left. :D  Many friends with Mark I's have two and like them both.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

I too have a lot going on on my stern rail. However, I decided to mount both as we do a bit of entertaining in the cockpit and it is a relaxing seat. I also use both when under sail to helm from. I usually sail bare toed and steer with my feet. It is a great vantage point for visability when underway.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Hawk

I also have the 2 Zarcor stern seats mounted on my Mk1.5. They really are great, particularly on a long trip with "Otto" on as you have a clear view and can relax. They aren't in the way and actually make the area back there seem larger. Perhaps the open transom helps. One does have to lean on the outboard on one side and the BBQ on the other but small price.
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Jeff Kaplan

when i bought #219 5 seasons ago, she came with one zarcor stern seat. it was a 2 day trip to bring her home and the morning of the 2nd day i was on the phone with zarcor ordering up the opposite side. they have the molds for all the models. if you didn't, they offer a padded cushion that glues onto the seat for added comfort and also a nice, rail mounted, back cushion that is covered in your choice of sunbrella color, makes leaning back very comfortable. myself and crew feel these perch seats are the best in the house. a great upgrade, not much money and adds comfortable, extra seating...jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Ron Hill

Lance : You K9 crew member does not appear overwhelmed with your addition of your stern pulpit seat!
An observation!!
Ron, Apache #788

waterdog

Quote from: Jeff Kaplan on February 27, 2009, 07:13:03 AM...
, back cushion that is covered in your choice of sunbrella color, makes leaning back very comfortable. myself and crew feel these perch seats are the best in the house. a great upgrade, not much money and adds comfortable, extra seating...jeff

Foster has told me that stern rail seats are a must have.   This is his demand for a boat upgrade for the Mexico adventure.   The seat cushion and rail pads sound like another Waterdog sewing project....  Send me your orders!   I'll put these Zarcor people out of business yet...

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

tonywright

Hint for the rail pads: Genco told me at the Toromto boat show that they use swimming pool noodles for the stuffing: avoids water absorption, and gives a nice shape to stretch the material.

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Lance Jones

Here are the pictures! It was a rainy/foggy day on Lake Lanier yesterday; but, any day sailing........

Ron, Lad doesn't like them as he use to sit next to me when he wasn't doing foredeck. The new seats for bi-peds get in his way and he can't sit there now.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Braxton

Checked out our stern pulpit yesterday and as I suspected our radar mast gets in the way.  Not only that but the bimini struts are also in the vicinity.   While disappointing the purser will probably be relieved to not have this added to the project list.
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Hawk

On mine the support post mounts on an angle the vertical side rather than as depicted in the photo.
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Ken Juul

I think the swimming pool noodles are a bit too big.  I used 1" water pipe insulation from Ace.  Sunbrella covers took about 20 minutes each to make on the old Singer.  They really are the best seat in the cockpit.  I chose not to go with the pad, thought for the 1/4" of closed cell foam the price was way too high.  Just use a square boat cushion for those that want some additional padding.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA