Propane Tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Knowing I need to replace my tank because of the new OFP requirements, I started looking at the projects page about installing a bigger tank.  I would like to use an 11# as suggested by Ron Hill, but taking rough measurements it does not look like it will work in a walk out transom model.  Has anyone with a walk out transom upgraded their propane system?  Sure would like to get rid of that tiny bottle.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

captran

isnt there a fitting you can get that will work rather than replacing the whole thing?  I have a 97 model and we cruised full time for 8 weeks with only one fill in between, and when we get down to the boat again I hope to just get a fitting that will work for Florida.  What do you think??

Randy Thies

Ken Juul

Randy,
I am assuming a "97 model is a MKII.  If the specs are correct on the home page, the Mk II has a 10# tank standard, so you have double what I have.  Something similiar is what I am trying to obtain.    Articles in the local paper have stated that for a 20# (standard gas grill) bottle, it is about the same price ~ $20-25 to replace the valve as to buy a new tank.  I think I would check with your local propane supplier on the cost of the valve and pressure check compared to the cost of a new tank.  I think the tanks have to be pressure checked every 10 years, so you are about half way there.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Mike Smith

We use the Force 10 grill on Breezer extensively all year round and I'm always afraid of running out of propane halfway through a barbeque session. I have two of the small tanks aboard.  I want to mount a full size tank on the stern pulpit rail on the inside corner next to the grill.  Does anyone know of an "off-the-shelf"  rack or holder for a full sized tank?  Thanks!