Electric head?

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne

I'm going to need to rebuild or replace my head; I'm thinking of going with a household size electric flush replacement.
Any comments and advice?  Make sense, or better to stick with manual?
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca

Ron Hill

Wayne : Pls explain "household electric flush replacement" and you may get some responses. 
I don't know of a household DC electric toilet??  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Wayne

Ron, thanks for the heads up.  By household I meant the larger size seat--as opposed to the petite marine size . . .
Mostly I'm wondering about electric flush vs manual.
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca

HBDave

Wayne,

I have an electric Raritan Sea Era (compact size) that I've had installed for about five years. Let me know what your questions are and I'll see what I can answer.

Thanks, Dave
Dave
1990 - 988

Ron Hill

Wayne : I don't believe that a standard toilet seat will fit on your "Compact Head".
What I've seen is that the stroke on an electric head is almost 1/2 to 2/3 of the manual stroke - same head manufacturer.  This means that you get less water for each stroke, meaning it takes longer to evacuate the bowl. 
Ron, Apache #788

crieders

When I bought the boat I installed a full sized Crittenden electric head that works just fine. I did not hard wire it but use a dedicated 12 volt battery that is used for emergency lighting; not the greatest power source and some day, I will  hard wire it in. Check around and be sure the hoses are the largest size you can use and that the built in macerator is the most powerful.  The ladies who said, like it and what better reason is there to install one !!
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

mtullier

Just installed a full size electric Jabsco Head.  Fits fine and what an improvement over the hand pump!  Great investment.
Mike