Going Sailing

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

For the first time ever, a whole month.  I have all the bits for the various projects: inverter, transom shower, new graphics, galley storage organizer bits, battery monitor, new hoses etc.   So I won't have to go a whole month without working on the boat :shock:   Should be fun.   A test for Mexico.

Anyway, if any of you are on the Sunshine Coast, Desolation Sound, Broughtons or Gulf Islands and see "Blackdragon", row on over and say hello.  If I don't have a beer cold, I'll find something creative to do with rum for you. 

Cheers and I'll check back in September.

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Jon Schneider

Fair winds (and if you don't have a cold beer to offer, talk to Stu and John Nixon about how to fix your fridge <wink>).
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Braxton

A full month!!!

Jealousy is starting to creep in.   How do I go about getting your job??????
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Jon Schneider

Quote from: Braxton on August 04, 2008, 01:00:05 PMHow do I go about getting your job??????

I suspect it's available next month ;)
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

waterdog

I know I should talk about the new water heater in Bowen Island.   Or maybe the dead fuel pump in Pender Harbour.  Or maybe the upgrades like the new rubrail in Roscoe Bay.   The inverter and battery monitor in Garden Bay.  The new paper towel rack and dish soap rack that received a coat of varnish up in Thulin Passage.   Or maybe I should talk about the switch I tried to install in Squirrel Cove that resulted in an unfused dead short across the battery with impressive smoke and flames.  Or the graphics. 

But really it's not so much about those things.  It's more about motoring all day into a headwind and finally turning the corner and cracking off on a reach at 6.5 knots.   It's about pulling up the crab trap in Cutter Bay with over 20 large dungeness.  It's blood on your winch handle after whacking a Coho.   And it's 106 prawns in your trap at Echo Bay.   It's having Dolphin's swim in the bow wave up Johnstone Straight.  It's cranking Foster up the mast to clean the spreaders.   It's cinnamon buns at sunrise.  And the new Ikea coffee thingy that makes amazing esspresso like coffee.  With hot milk from the microwave.  That runs off the inverter.

It's everything. 

Life is good. 
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat