New Propane Tank for 1990 Cat 34

Previous topic - Next topic

sselinger

I have a 1990 Catalina 34 and recently got the new propane bottle and top for the propane storage locker, which meet the new legal requirements. Problem is that the new top will not fit through the locker opening and once through will not fit on the exsisting box. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and come up with a simple solution.

Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Stu Jackson

Steve

Yes, we have.  Please check out Projects on the website, and also a search in this Message Board.  The Projects even has pictures from Ron Hill's work.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mike baker

Steve,

I changed the propane tank and box cover on my 1988 model.  I had no trouble getting the seaward lid through my opening.  I don't know why you did.  As far as the top fitting, you need a small brass fitting to replace an old one that connects the tanl to the pressure regulator.  Mine worked great.  Call Seaward about your problems.  They are extremely helpul.  Unless you use an awful lot of propane it isn't worth the trouble to completely rebuild the box.  Again my change over wenr without a hitch.  If you check the "Projects" list you will find where I asked about changing the tank and got a very helpful responce about the Seaward peopla and their parts.

Mike Baker #815 "Gray Hawk"